Back to Recipes
10 Minutes | 20 Minutes | Serves 8 | Antipasti
Quantities for 8 people
- 1 Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca Sliced Log
- 1 loaf Baguette Bread, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- 3 fresh medium-size tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cut bread on a 45 degree angle about 1/2 inch thick and lay out on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle each piece with olive oil, place in oven to crisp for about 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Pull the basil leaves off the stems and discard the stems.
- Place leaves in a food processor or blender with 1/2 cup of olive oil and pulse until smooth.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and place one slice on each piece of crispy bread. Lightly salt and pepper each slice.
- Then place one slice of fresh mozzarella cheese on each tomato slice and then top with a small dollop of fresh pesto.