Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- pesto mayo
- 4 leaves curly lettuce, halved
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 16 basil leaves
- 2 226g (8oz) Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca Ball
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Spread pesto mayo on to half of the toast – this will act as the top half of each sandwich.
- On to each sandwich, layer lettuce, cucumber, tomato, 4 basil leaves, and sliced Mozzarella Fresca. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with second slice of toast.
- Other layering options may be sliced avocado, sliced red onions, alfalfa sprouts, field greens, or fresh spinach.
- TIP: Mix up your mayo!
- Roasted red pepper mayo: Pat dry 1 large jarred roasted red pepper. Pulse in food processor until smooth. Add 80mL (⅓ cup) mayonnaise and process until combined.
- Fresh herbed mayo: In food processor, pulse together 5g (¼ cup) each parsley leaves and basil leaves until finely chopped. Add 125mL (½ cup) mayonnaise and process until combined.